Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mom and I and my Cat.

Mom slept real good last night, even though she went to sleep about 12am, she woke up at around 9am this morning, she has been confused but then that is normal for her now. My Dad's 2 sister's Louise and June alone with Louise's daughter Kay came by this morning and stayed for a few hours. My Cousin Pauletta came by about 2:30pm and gave mom a shower, Paula, mom's niece came by at around 4pm and stayed for about an hour, so we have had a busy day here, and mom is wore out and should sleep great tonight.


My Cat Samantha Sue passed away sometime last night, it hit me like a ton of bricks and I am still shook up about it, she was my Baby Girl, I got her when she was about 6 weeks old and she followed me around like a dog through out the house. She also slept with me every night and it is going to seem strange not having her in bed with me tonight, this may seem strange to some, but I put one of my shirts, her favorite cat food, and some Catnip in the box with her. I plan on burying her in the Front Flower bed, and then planting some catnip and maybe a Yellow or Red Miniature Rose there this next Spring, that way she will also have flowers on her Grave and I will be able to talk to her when ever I want. She hated kids, but loved being around people When we were rebuilding the house after the fire, we put some beams across the living room, Samantha would walk the beams and then sleep up there where it was dark. She loved setting on the Second Floor landing and watchibng us while we were in the Living Room, either watching TV or visiting with whoever was there at the time. In a way, I guess I should have expected her passing away anytime, she was after all about 18 years old, and had lost a lot of weight the last few months and weeks, she was my Baby Girl and a part of my family, and I will not be able to replace her, but sometime in the future I will adopt another Cat, and I hope and pray She/He is a good natured and loves me as much as my Baby Girl did.

No comments:

Post a Comment